IP Services

Chitkara University has a dedicated IPR cell with patent attorneys on board. University has an easy patent policy in place which keeps the inventor free from all legal hassles and no fee (Government fee or attorney fee) is to be paid by the inventors. The cost of filing and maintaining the patents is borne by the University.

Also, to promote research, the University policy gives 90% of commercial rights to the inventor and the rest 10% to the University for sustaining the ecosystem. Patent attorneys work on the application filing, and its related work (prior art, description of the patent, illustrated diagrams, etc.) Students and faculty can freely interact with the patent cell on their own.

In addition to patent filling we do a lot of activities including, creating an IPR awareness not only in the university but also in the whole region. Twice, we conducted National level workshops on IPR with the support from MeitY, GoI.

Chitkara University is one of the top universities of the country in terms of number of patent fillings in a year.

Please reach out to Dr. S.N. Panda – Pro Vice Chancellor (Research) CURIN, snpanda@chitkara.edu.in for any queries related to IPR.