Post Conference Report – Novate+ 2021
Confluence of Academia and MSMEs and Start-ups to Address Real World Problems
Jury Round of NOVATE+ 2021 was held during April 16-17, 2021 and the results were announced on May 3, 2021.
CLICK HERE to download the list of top 10 teams of NOVATE+ 2021 that have won the funding support.
Call for Project Proposals
Submissions due by – January 31, 2021
CLICK HERE to Submit
NOVATE+ is the biggest platform in the region where innovative project ideas from all over the country are showcased & evaluated and receive huge project funding for developing advanced level prototypes. In addition to prototyping grants, participating teams receive mentoring and expert guidance. This initiative is being driven by Chitkara University Research and Innovation Network (CURIN).
Theme of NOVATE+ 2021
Chitkara University has Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India sponsored Technology Enabling Centre (TEC), where the prime objective is to develop an ecosystem in which university’s research/technologies can be used by the MSME Industries of our country in addressing its various challenges.
Theme of NOVATE+ 2021 is centred on solving various challenges faced by the MSME Industries.
We are looking for project proposals that are going to be prepared by the applicants in collaboration with MSME industries, addressing one or more of their real world
Problem areas may vary from engineering, sciences to business management, IT solutions etc.
Each project proposal will be reviewed by panel of experts, and shortlisted ideas will receive funding support of upto INR 2.25 lacs from Chitkara University NewGen IEDC.
- The competition is open to students, academicians entrepreneurs, start-ups from anywhere in India.
- Collaboration with at least one MSME industry is mandatory.
- Applicants must obtain endorsement letter from the partner MSME industry.
- Project proposal must be based on the real world problem of partner MSME industry.
- Team must include at least one representative from the partner MSME industry.
- Last date of submission of project proposal – January 31, 2021
- First level filtering by – February 10, 2021
- Jury round – February 20, 2021
- Announcement of shortlisted teams and funding approval – February 27, 2021
- Project completion – August 2021 or as per the timeline agreed by the applicants and their partner MSMEs whichever is earlier)
- Announcement of best project Implementation award – September 2021
- Submissions must be done online by filling out a form – HERE
- We need very concise and specific answers to three questions in the online form – Description of Problem Statement, Proposed Technical Solution, Commercial Potential.
- If you need to display a block diagram, a schematic or illustration to explain your technical solution then you are allowed to upload a PDF file. This PDF file should not be more than 500 words and should not contain more than two illustrations.
- Detailed budget must be uploaded in excel format and it should have following columns. In addition, budget should not exceed INR 2.25 Lacs.
- You must upload an endorsement letter from the MSME on their letterhead. Endorsement letter must highlight the key deliverables and timeline as agreed by the two parties (Applicant and the MSME)
- Funding of upto INR 2.25 lacs for implementing the project
- Cash prize of INR 100,000 to best project implementation
- Citation and wide visibility
- Future support to MSMEs through TEC.
Direct your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This competition is only providing a platform wherein MSMEs (Party 1) can look for technical solutions for their real world problems by collaborating with students and academicians from the universities and colleges (Party 2). In addition, this competition is also providing financial aid for building the proposed technical solutions.
- This competition or its organizers will not play mediator role for technology transfer between the two parties.
- This competition or its organizers will not influence or make suggestions regarding the terms of engagement between the two parties.
- This competition or its organizers will not be responsible for resolving any dispute (legal, IP or any other) between the two parties.
- Lastly, it should be noted that once the funding is approved, Chitkara University NewGen IEDC would make all the payments directly to the vendors for the procurement of various goods and services as will be approved in the budget. In some rare cases, payment can be made to the team lead (applicant from Party 2) for the procurement of various goods and services from the approved budget. Payment will not be made from this funding to Party 1 under any circumstances.